KG Personnel Ltd is currently recruiting Warehouse Operative/Stock Controller for one of our clients based in Bedford (Bedfordshire).
Our client is an independent, family-run business which provides Third Party Fulfilment services to eCommerce retailers in the UK and Europe.
They are currently looking to appoint a Warehouse Operative with stock control duties (and FLT) for their Operations in Kempston.
Their warehouse provides fulfilment services to clients in the wholesale supply of industrial parts for contractors and installers. This is a 24/5 operation which has expanded rapidly over the last few years and is complex in its fulfilment requirement.
We are looking for someone with a ‘can-do’ attitude, excellent work ethic and communication skills, who is also a strong team player, organised and committed to delivering great client service.
Role: Warehouse Operative/Stock Control
Location: Kempston, Bedford
The Things You’ll Be Doing, Day to Day:
· Collecting, moving and stacking products. It’s not like running a marathon, but you’ll still be on your feet and doing plenty of bending and lifting, so you’ll need a reasonable level of fitness
· Leading daily, weekly and quarterly stock checks to ensure good stock health and integrity.
· There are standards of performance required within each department, so you’ll need to be able to work under pressure and follow procedures.
· Using all our handling equipment (don’t worry, we’ll fully train you on how to use all the equipment safely and effectively)
· The Company operates as one big team, so we’re looking for helpful, outgoing people who can get along with and support others
Candidate should be able to demonstrate:
· The ability to communicate in English at all levels
· Previous warehouse experience with inventory/stock control experience essential.
· Forklift experience essential
· Accuracy of work and attention to detail
· The ability to work efficiently and flexibly as part of a team
· Reliability of attendance and flexibility to meet client demands
· A reasonable level of fitness and good physical health, due to some heavy-duty products
· Experience in client service and process-oriented environment
· Passion in achieving results through efficiency and process improvement
· Excellent communication skills
· Full time 42.5 hours a week: day shift, flexible for the right candidate
· Standard pay rate £9.50 – £10.00 per hour depending on experience and skills
· Approved overtime paid at 1.5 x hourly rate
· 20 days holiday per annum plus UK public holidays (increasing after 3 years’ service)
· Discretionary bonus scheme
· Company pension scheme available
You’ll be part of a business that always delivers a great service – and that means you’ll need to share the client’s high standards. Qualifications aren’t important, as the company can provide all the training you need but you must be able to work with computers.
We are looking for a reliable, quality focussed individual with an excellent work ethic and communication skills who are able to demonstrate their commitment and the ownership of the role
Closing date for applications is 8 February 2020
For more info please call our office on 01234 339410 or to apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org