KG Personnel is looking for Structural Welding Supervisor for a client based in Bedford.
Our client manufactures volumetric 3D structural modules for the Construction Industry to be used in sectors such as Hotels, Residential Apartment Buildings, and Student Accommodation.
This position’s goal is to coordinate the structural fabrication of steel components into 3D module format, managing material flows and workers to achieve the correct daily outputs. Checking and updating online quality forms for accuracy and correct processes at each stage to ensure the finished product is to the highest standard. Overseeing weld quality and processes, reviewing welding specifications to EN 1090 and visual inspection.
• Providing a clean and safe working environment;
• Providing a quality product on time and within budget;
• Ensuring production outputs are achieved within agreed timeframes;
• Working out the human and materials resources needed;
• Overseeing and motivating team leaders and welders;
• Ensuring all Visual Display boards are maintained;
• Applying all HR policies fairly across the production processes;
• Ensure all Work Instructions and Safe Operating procedures are maintained and updated accordingly;
• Understanding of requirements of UKCA approval
• Substantial experience within a similar role
• Good working Knowledge of metal fabrication concepts and processes preferably within a construction/ structural steel industry
• Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Problem-solving, use of own initiative
• Ability to work without close supervision
• High-quality attention to detail
• To ensure all quality issues are recorded and reported.
• To supply accurate information in the agreed format and answer any queries that arise.
• To provide them with knowledge, resources, and support so they can fulfill their duties.
• To supply a good quality product on time.
• Planning – To provide accurate information on where individual projects are
• MAG (135), MIG (131), MMA (111) Welding Certificate
• Visual welding certification, CSWIP level or above
• Ability to read, interpret and work to technical drawings, 2D and 3D
Contract type: Permanent
Working Hours: 50 hrs per week
Pay rate: up to £16.50 (DOE)
Annual entitlement: 23 days plus all applicable public holidays
If you are interested in this role, please call our office on 01234 339410 or apply with your CV by 14th February 2022.
Although we aim to respond to every application, we receive, if you have not heard back from us within 7 days from the date you applied, you should assume that you haven’t been successful.
By responding to this advert, you confirm you accept our Data Protection Policy, a copy of which can be found on our website www.kgpersonnel.com