KG Personnel are looking for an experienced PU Foam production machine maintenance engineer to join a major client and their busy team based in Bedford.
This role is suitable for individuals looking for long-term employment.
Assisting the maintenance manager by undertaking both a reactive and proactive approach to carrying out all production plant machinery in a timely and efficient way to ensure production downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Carry out ongoing maintenance activities, including conduction routine maintenance checks, responding to and diagnosing and fixing breakdown problems to minimize unplanned downtime and to ensure a permanent fix is put in place and the root cause is identified and documented.
- Monitor the performance of equipment after repairs have been carried out.
- Fit new parts and making sure all equipment is working correctly and is compliant with safety and legislative standards.
- Ensure good communication with managers and workers throughout the business.
- Follow safe working practices and methods put in place for health & safety reasons at all times.
- To work overtime as necessary to meet production demands.
- Other duties may be assigned, when required, by senior management.
Key Requirements and Qualities (Essential):
- At least 3 years of practical experience of working in a similar role in a manufacturing/production environment.
- Experience of fault finding and working to preventative maintenance schedules.
- Demonstrate a track record of technical competence, working proactively, and managing time effectively.
- Logical thinker with excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well with employees at all levels of the company and a positive attitude are essential.
Monday to Friday, 7.30 am to 4.00 pm. However, overtime would be required as necessary to meet production demands.
£12 per hour.
For more information call our office on 01234 339 410 or to apply please send your CV to our email address email@example.com.