KG Personnel are looking for a night shift operations supervisor to join our client in Bedford.
This person will lead a small multi-skilled night shift that undertakes, warehousing, stock management, pick & pack mailing (consumer & wholesale) as required by the business. The main emphasis of the job is to ensure that the teams undertake tasks with energy, accuracy, and as required to meet client and operational objectives. The team will be versatile and, during peak trading months, will need to take responsibility for overseeing potentially large numbers of temporary workers also.
- To be responsible for the allocation of jobs on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to ensure client service level agreements (SLA’s) are maintained or exceeded.
- To train and support mailing assistants in the jobs allocated to them so that they can complete objectives without supervision
- You will drive efficiency and if mailing volumes decline proactively utilise team members to complete other stock management and warehousing tasks
- To ensure that all handwork and stock management tasks are performed to requirements. Also, ensure the quality of personal output is maintained at optimum levels
- You will be responsible for site security, team welfare and you should proactively manage absence cover and succession planning, potentially developing a number of the team members to team leader level
- Complete all in-house administration in line with company procedures and undertake regular one to one meetings with your team members
- To take an active part within the department problem solving and adopt a positive, flexible, and professional approach to the Company’s daily business activities and requirements
- Ensure that security, ISO & Health and Safety requirements and procedures are adhered to across the team
Key Requirements and Qualities (Essential):
- Have relevant experience in order fulfilment.
- Honest and reliable with a strong work ethic.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Be able to manage time effectively to complete workloads and meet deadlines.
- Be someone who can create, maintain, and promote good working relationships.
- Be reliable and adaptable.
- An FLT licence would be advantageous.
- Sunday to Friday (morning) – 5 Nights 23.30 to 08.00.
Salary of between £25k – £30k.
For more information call our office on 01234 339 410 or to apply please send your CV to our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whilst we’d love to get back to every applicant, it isn’t always possible. So, if you haven’t heard from us within 14 days, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion.