KG Personnel are currently looking for an experienced maintenance engineer to join a major client and their busy team based in Bedford.
Assisting the maintenance manager by undertaking both a reactive and proactive approach to carrying out all production plant machinery in a timely and efficient way to ensure production downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Carry out ongoing maintenance activities, including conduction routine maintenance checks, responding to and diagnosing and fixing breakdown problems to minimize unplanned downtime and to ensure a permanent fix is put in place and the root cause is identified and documented.
- Monitor the performance of equipment after repairs have been carried out.
- Fit new parts and making sure all equipment is working correctly and is compliant with safety and legislative standards.
- Ensure good communication with managers and workers throughout the business.
- Follow safe working practices and methods put in place for health & safety reasons at all times.
- To work overtime as necessary to meet production demands.
- Other duties may be assigned, when required, by senior management.
Key Requirements and Qualities (Essential):
- At least 3 years of practical experience of working in a similar role in a manufacturing/production environment.
- Experience of fault finding and working to preventative maintenance schedules.
- Demonstrate a track record of technical competence, working proactively and managing time effectively.
- Logical thinker with excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well with employees at all levels of the company and a positive attitude are essential.
Monday to Friday, 7.30 am to 4.00 pm. However, overtime would be required as necessary to meet production demands.
£14 per hour (D.O.E).
This role is suitable for individuals looking for ongoing temporary work.
For more information call our office on 01234 339 410 or to apply please send your CV to our email address email@example.com.