KG Personnel is looking for a Group IT Director to join our Hatfield-based clients. The Company is a well-established business specialising in mail sortation, distribution, and fulfillment within a global setting.
SUMMARY OF ROLE:
The Group IT Director is a SMT level role reporting to the CEO.
The Group IT Director has primary responsibility for leading the strategic and operational IT planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritising IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems across Air Business in a commercial and effective manner. The role will lead on customer and internal IT development, implementation, and infrastructure projects to ensure Air Business IT drives process and cost efficiencies whilst maximising adoption of technological and digital enhancements.
• You will work closely with all Directors, especially the SMT to identify, plan and manage the ongoing portfolio of both Client and internal projects. You are responsible for liaising with and directing the IT Teams responsible for BAU Client activity and Internal Developments to accommodate the timely delivery of projects.
• You will also work closely with the IT Systems Manager and the Technical Director (responsible for Infrastructure, Security, and Compliance) to ensure efficient delivery of services to the business and our Clients from the overall IT team.
• You will ensure security remains central to the IT strategy implementation keeping current with risks, threats, vulnerabilities, and regulatory requirements relating to the security of Air Business’s data and that of its people and clients.
• As Group IT Director you will proactively identify, plan and lead significant projects or programs of work. In particular, you will be expected to play a key role in new business proposals and leading-edge technical development work.
• You will lend substantial experience and skill to the further development of Air Business’s IT strategy while playing an active role in ensuring best practices in Information Security, Project Management, and Analysis (of both solutions and data).
• You will take responsibility, and be fully accountable, for the successful completion of projects and programs of work. Establishing and maintaining the correct structures to control and monitor projects to on-time and on-budget delivery.
• You will work closely with customers and the IT team as appropriate, pro-actively seek out, analyse, model, specify, integrate and implement processes that satisfactorily marry technical constraints and cost considerations with business objectives – resulting in safe, workable, and maintainable systems. In designing such solutions, you will pay full regard to both internal and external standards and requirements such as audit standards, data management standards, safety-related standards, good practice, and legislation.
• You will write and speak fluently on all aspects of work and communicate effectively with all levels of management internally and externally.
The Group IT Director will also:
– ensure effective communications to clients & prospective clients around the high-quality programs & services Air Business provides.
– ensure that all IT team leaders extol Air Business core values being positive, energetic & enthusiastic with their teams and all Client interactions.
– work with key leaders in the business to ensure Air Business meets its budget commitments for revenue, profit, and business growth.
The person will have;
• Experience in leading complex programs of work
• Knowledge of print and digital publishing and fulfillment
• Knowledge of relevant legal aspects – including data protection, GDPR, DD processing regulations.
• Experience of producing written information for Board level internal management, as well as comms for Clients – who will range from Marketing Exec’s to Board level stakeholders.
• Experience in planning, coordinating and delivering change programs.
• Experience of working effectively as a leader and as part of a team
• Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with challenging situations and relationships with key stakeholders
• Ability to quickly understand, interpret and clearly explain complex issues in a manner suitable for clients and colleagues, often in situations where maintaining and enhancing the reputation of the organisation is key
• A proactive approach with the ability to generate new ideas
• Ability to manage workload with competing priorities and frequent interruptions that require urgent attention
• Ability to work responsibly in dealing with confidential/sensitive information
• A positive outlook with an ability to inspire confidence, provide vision and motivate people
The Group IT Director should have the following skills;
• IT qualifications and significant practical experience gained from at least one senior managerial role.
• Team management experience
• Publishing experience is desirable
• MS Office products including Project and Visio.
• Experience in the specification and delivery of highly complex bespoke Client requirements to agreed budgets and timescales.
• Project and Program management qualifications and experience, including Project Risk management.
• Skills in Contract Negotiation and Management developed through direct experience of managing both small (individual) and large (corporate) Suppliers.
• Knowledge of programming standards and the successful delivery of software solutions using SDLC methodology.
• Proficient in Business Process Improvement techniques, for streamlining business processes.
• Proficient in the development of Business Proposals – preparing and presenting business cases and responses to client RFP’s.
The Group IT Director should be educated to degree level.
Alternatively, technical qualifications specific to IT services development and delivery will be considered.
SCOPE OF POSITION
The role of Group IT Director is specifically responsible for driving the business forward and ensuring a truly excellent customer experience through leveraging the resources and technology within Air Business and augmenting this as required.
The Group IT Director will have a number of direct reports and has ultimate responsibility for all the ABD IT team and the ABS Technical Director
The Beacon, Hatfield
£100-£110 + depending upon experience
It is the company’s intention that this job description is seen as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business will change, and the jobholder’s obligations are bound to vary and develop, so the job description should be seen as a guide and not as a permanent, definite, and exhaustive statement.
If you are interested in this role, please call our office on 01234 339410 and ask for Klaudia or apply with your CV by 31st December 2021.
Although we aim to respond to every application, we receive, if you haven’t heard back from us within 7 days from the date you applied, you should assume that you haven’t been successful
By responding to this advert you confirm you accept our Data Protection Policy, a copy of which can be found on our website www.kgpersonnel.com