KG Personnel is looking for a Buyer for a client based in Bedford.
The role description:
Reporting to the Material and Logistics Manager, your main duties will be to purchase materials, components, supplies, services, etc. essential to support operations. Ensure that purchases are of the required quality and quantity, at the most economical cost, and of timely delivery.
· Issue purchase orders according to MRP demand and incoming requisition forms
· Understand production demands to be able to analyse MRP demand and adjust orders according to real needs.
· Review unacknowledged/late order reports for your vendors
· Update item data settings to improve MRP demand
· Review shortage report and complete necessary actions to avoid production shortages, including communication with vendors, production, and the warehouse
· Manage scheduling of open orders based on production planning modifications
· Manage vendor warranty claims
· Qualify new vendor capacities based on set qualifications and eliminate underperforming suppliers
· Prepare and issue RFQ requests, and compare MOQ, payment terms, freight conditions, etc.
· Challenge vendors quotes and drive cost down; report cost reductions
· Manage PPVs on a regular basis
· Maintain clear and efficient communication with internal and external personnel
· Coordinate meetings and prepare needed materials
· Establish standards and procedures for continuous improvement.
· Other duties as designated by the department manager.
· Other duties may be assigned as needed
· 2-4 years of related purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
· Proven negotiation skills
· Strong written, verbal, analytical, and interpersonal skills
· Experience with an ERP system (Infor/Baan preferred)
· Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
• 25 days’ holiday + bank holidays
• Free on-site parking
£30k – £40k (DOE)
8.00-16.30 (overtime available at a higher rate)
If you are interested in this role, please call our office on 01234 339410 or apply with your CV by 11th March 2022.
Although we aim to respond to every application, we receive, if you have not heard back from us within 7 days from the date you applied, you should assume that you haven’t been successful.
By responding to this advert, you confirm you accept our Data Protection Policy, a copy of which can be found on our website www.kgpersonnel.com