KG Personnel are currently looking for a beam saw operator to join our client’s team in Letchworth Garden City.
This role is to manage the complete process of cutting and requires the individual to report to the machine shop Supervisor. The role will include loading material into the automated storage area, operating a beam saw, palletising all cut panels following the standard process and maintaining the machine according to manufacturer recommendation.
- In line with the planned manufacturing schedule, cut all the different job folders in the correct sequence.
- Ensure that each cut part is labelled as per the standard process.
- Ensure that all cut parts are palletised safely and in the correct sequence before being moved to the next machining area.
- Load material into the automated storage area ensuring that correct allocations of space and part numbers are utilised.
- Assist with material management by flagging up any concerns on stock levels.
- Manage the cutting process to ensure that offcuts are fully utilised during optimisation.
- Monitor cutting time versus planned time.
- Monitor the quality of cut as well as dimensions and report any issues to the supervisor.
- Ensure that the saw blade management system is maintained for resharpening.
- Maintain the machine in line with recommendations.
- Challenge current ways of working to increase shopfloor efficiency.
- Ensure factory housekeeping standards are maintained.
- Ensure health & safety standards are maintained at all times.
- Ensure Environmental standards are maintained at all times.
- Assist with other business manufacturing processes whenever required.
- Previous experience operating a beam saw would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of timber material specification would be an advantage.
- Combi lift & Counterbalance forklift truck licence would be an advantage.
- Previous experience in working in a factory environment would be an
This position entails some late shift work. Shift pattern would be:
- Day shift: Monday to Friday 7 am to 3:30 pm
- Late shift Monday to Thursday 11:30 am to 8:30 pm
- Friday 12 pm to 4:30 pm
- The shift pattern will be weekly alternated with other operators.
£12.00 – £12.50 per hour.
Additional training could be provided for the right individual.
For more information call our office on 01234 339 410 or to apply please send your CV to our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.